Saturday 11 August 2012

Favourite Books

As a nerd, I enjoy reading a lot. I mean A LOT. At one time, I had probably sixty books in my possession. Now, my collection is growing from "No more books? What will I do with my life!" to "Where am I going to put all these..." Yeah, I'm the person who can drop a wad of cash for paper and ink.

This list, is my favourite books of all time.

1. My Sister's Keeper - Jodi Picoult
PHENOMONAL read. I have read it about four times and purchased it twice, my first copy was destroyed. The plot is so in depth and well thought out, the characters are relatable in emotions and the love of a sister is admirable. This book is what got me intrigued in cancer and what drove me to raise money and shave my hair for cancer and got my career interest headed toward healthcare. Loved every word.

2. Before I Fall - Lauren Oliver
I have read this book three times over and every time it has grasped my attention and held me in chains until I was done. The main character Samantha is a typical high school student, and I adored her transformation as the book progressed. I always recommend this book to people.

3. The Outsiders - S.E Hinton
Perfection. Short read, however it is absolutely amazing. I loved it so much. Even though it was published in the 60's, the social aspects still exist and is so relateable. A must read.

4. A Stolen Life - Jaycee Lee Dugard.
This is a true story of kidnap and rape. I would not recommend this book to someone much younger than eighteen. There are details of her ordeal and to some, espically those with a weak stomach, are sickening and some are horrified and scared while reading this book. Nonetheless, I loved it. Her ordeal was very eye opening and her reuniting with her family at the end always inspires me and gives me hope. Good read, but beware of some of the contents.

5. Life As We Knew It - Susan Beth Pfeffer
The ultimate dystopian. The world is ending and everything is changing. It has a well thought out plot and the ideas of the main character are relatable as a fellow teenager and I loved it so much. I think this is the book I have read the most times over. The destruction that occurs are plausable which I find is the most terrifying and intriguing.

Honorable Mentions:

The Maze Runner - James Dashner
The book is a little hard to get into at first, but once it gets going, you can not stop reading.

The Shining and The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon - Stephen King
I have not finished reading the two, however they are tremendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment