Seeing as it is New Years Day and we are celebrating the arrival of 2013 and all the opprotunities and amazing things it will offer and what is has to bestow for mankind. I would like to reflect on what 2012 meant for me, the good and the bad.
I would like to get the negative things out of the way, I think they truly are important as negative aspects and experiences continue to shape our lives and mold us into the people we become.
1. My struggle with Anorexia continued, reaching its peak in March and April.
2. The five year anniversary of the loss of my Dad came late in the year. As this was a sad time, it also helped me see and reflect on his life and how much I love him.
3. Anxiety and some waves of sadness, some lasting longer and leaving more of an impact.
Now the positive!! Positivity is so important. Peace, joy and fufillment can never come with a negative mindset and in all honesty, positivity just feels better. ^_^
1. I became a Christian. This is what I am most happy about. I believed and first heard the Good News when I was twelve but I really changed my life and fufilled Matthew 3:8 in this year and developed a deeper relationship with God. It's amazing!
2. Unbelievable peace and happiness when I imagine my future. Wherever I go and where the new year takes me, I'm ready and pumped for all it has for me and I know it will be for the better.
3. The end of my anorexia! I don't stress over having an unhealthy snack every once and a while and I feel better about myself, skinny or not. I have started eating healthy and excercising to be healthy. I feel so much happier.
4. Happiness! This is subjective for all people, but really, I'm content and cheery.
5. Entering high school. This is a huge positive for me (say what now??) most people think high school is a super negative experience, but for me in these past 5 months it has been phenomonal. I get to become who I want to be and learn and indulge and grow as a person.
6. Figuring out my career. Emergency Physican. And if in that time, I can sneak a few, or many, trips to Ireland before my time that would be superb. I want to help people and assisting those whom are the most needy in my area of interest, medicine, is a perfect career and I'm so excited! I know it will be hard, but the hardest things in life always pay off the most. Hard work in school now has shown that for itself already.
7. Moved into our new house!! After months of re-building we are finally settled into our new house and are ready to re-build our lives and the memories in this new home.
Overall, 2012 was so great and an amazing experience. I wish for all whom read this, 2013 brings you joy and fufillment and all the happiness you've ever wished for and deserve. May success find you and all your dreams come true.
Love, peace and bacon grease.
Warm Regards, Andrea.